Within airports, there are many restricted areas, such as airport ramps and operational spaces. These areas need to be kept secure for many reasons, from airport security and technical considerations, to national security and counter-terrorism policy. Airports also need to provide smooth travel for passengers. To do this, a secure access system must be put in place that strengthens airport security, supports airport personnel’s operations, and provides a seamless experience in both low and high-risk areas.
- Airport personnel are granted seamless access to restricted areas, providing the right security clearance
- System can be customized to allow different airport personnel access to location based on the person’s role
- In lower-risk areas like corridors between deplaning and baggage claim, IMID Access can be used to give security staff seamless access as they move against foot traffic toward high-risk areas
- Frequent flyers can move seamlessly through airport security if they are registered in the system
- Travellers with frequent flyer status can avoid the line ups and waiting often associated with the travel experience